How to Design and Make Dining Table. Most of your family or social discussions, happy and endless conversations, numerous birthday celebrations or any occasions, begin with gathering at one special spot at home that is your family Dining table. It is the perfect spot to spend quality time with your family members and share wonderful moments with heart-felt guests while dining.
Dining table and chairs are important furniture pieces that can rejuvenate your dining space interiors, and configure the core of home interiors. Being the core attraction, it’s very prominent to adopt a dining table set that is integrated with the features namely durability, safety, quality, design and functionality.
You can choose your designer dining table set as per your taste, lifestyle without compromising on aesthetics to complement your unique perception of design.
Transform your dining space more captivating and winning just by understanding the eye-catching Dining table designs based on worthwhile aspects:
Some might prefer dining table set with varied designs and function, could be different styles mixed at one set or completely unique set of dining table. However, understanding fundamental functionality of dining space design helps you to figure out which dining table design enhances your interiors.
- Wall mounted Dining table design:
Perfect choice to enjoy the meal glancing at the window with wall mounted dining table that is attached to the wall down the window frames. It is easily accessible and also space saving plan to balance your dreams. All you need is to choose your favorite veneers of wood and hinges that comes with foldable mechanism.
- Foldable design:
Excited about how to meet your desire of having dining table set in a compact space at home? Foldable dining table design emerges out as a best choice and doesn’t have to compromise on the style of design. This type of design enables the wooden material to carve the furniture.
- Storage choice:
Do you want to incite your dining space décor by just embracing adorable décor items and thinking of how to make it? Some of the dining tables are designed with open and closed kind of storage that enables you to present all your décor items and dining essentials.
- Extendable design:
Extendable dining table design emerges as a best option to serve the guests and not keeping them wait till the round. This kind of design can be extended at use and close out with foldable mechanism. Addition to the extendable feature, it also stands to serve the aesthetic appeal to the space. It is also a best choice when you host any occasions and need more dine space.
- Seating arrangement alternatives:
Dining table design brings you several seating arrangement options to fit according to the number of people staying at home. It includes 2-seater, 3-seater, 4-seater, 6-seater and 8-seater with various shapes and sizes.
- Elements of Design:
While designing any furniture piece in interiors, it is necessary to take consideration of form, shape, size, colors, and textures basically known as elements of design. Dining table design also differs by three main factors namely size, shape, and colors.
- Size: primary consideration that occupies the space is size of the furniture. So choosing the dining table keeping in mind about the space to be utilized, and number of people staying is optimizing way of saving space not compromising on design and functionality. For instance 2-seater and 3-seater goes well with compact space.
- Shape: shape of the table also plays important role as it has to balance the design and functionality and bring harmony between unique materials and variety of finishes. Commonly used dining table shapes include rectangle and round form, if you’re looking for distinct design that matches with your interiors then, choose from triangular or square or oval shapes.
- Colors: dining table colors are provided in various steps based on materials used for the design, by choosing natural wood that goes well with light and dark finishes, glass, metallic colors, and various color options are available based on the finishes.
Valuable steps while making Dining table design:
Ergonomically designed furniture are different from normal ones, it provides safety, comfort, promotes health while still enjoying your favorite meal. Customization of work is encouraged while making this piece of furniture but limited to size and shape, keeping height as standard norms.
- Material selection:
These dining tables are available in various materials:
- Wood: primarily used material for making any piece of furniture known for its mother-nature feel, versatile, strength, designs can be beautifully carved out of it, and most importantly, it goes well with any style of design, be it traditional, rustic, farmhouse, mid-century modern, modern and contemporary styles. Wooden dining tables are manufactured from best-quality wood, namely teak, mahogany, and oak, sheesham, mango, acacia.
- Plastic: choosing right spot is not sufficient to enjoy a cup of tea, but, choosing the right furniture that boosts the mood is also equally important. One such piece of furniture that comes with minimal design is patio dining set which is made from plastic. It is easy to maintain.
- Metal: many people desire for a rich and elegant look to exactly match with their modern or contemporary style interiors, one such combination comes with glass table top with metallic support. Just topping the elegant feel, add some metallic (brings out shine) pendant lights over the dining table.
- Stone: looking for dining set for art-deco, luxurious look, electic style of design? So try the combination of marble table top with similar stone as a support and combination of glass and marble, combination of wood and stone. Nothing can stop you from being creative to achieve your dream home design. But, with a professional touch, it adds extra beauty with proper designs.
Final stage of producing the furniture by matching with the color and textures are possible only with the right finishes for respective materials. This stage is very much important as it blends the furniture colors with the surrounding interiors.
- Wood finishes: walnut, honey, teak, rustic teak, brown, pistachio green, white, red, black, warm chestnut and many more.
- Metallic finish: mild steel frame chrome plated
- Glass: tinted, reflective, fabricated glass finish.
- Marble need polish to retain its original nature.
- Use mats or coasters while placing hot, cold, or wet things on the surface of the table top to prevent the polish from damage.
- Use soft dry cloth to wipe out the spills to avoid stains.
- To save the original color finishes or polishes, arrange the furniture that avoids exposure to sunlight.
- Recommended polishing of wooden materials to avoid aging look and protecting its original nature.
If you need further assistance to how to design and make dining table, as a best interior designers we can assist you. Get in touch with us today!